AP Intego Insurance Group — one of the fastest growing insurance technology companies in the country — is looking for an innovative, bright, motivated and hard-working individual to join our team to help us accomplish our mission of combining insurance know-how, innovative technology and world-class service to delight our customers. We are committed to providing our employees great pay & benefits, and a chance to contribute meaningfully to a growing company in an exciting industry.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our Sales team in Rochester, NY. The Sales team is responsible for delivering amazing sales experiences to small businesses to help them find the best insurance coverage for their business. The ideal candidate will have successfully led a sales team in a previous role and fostered a spirit of learning and teamwork amongst their peers. You’ll be building and leading a team of sales professionals with a high level of responsibility and room for growth.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Manage, recruit, set objectives for, coach, and monitor performance of a team of agents and raters
- Assist and train agents to analyze coverage and risk exposure for referred prospects as it relates to the lines of insurance coverage needed to protect their business
- Strive to follow processes related to customer follow up and data gathering
- Achieve monthly/quarterly production goals
- Maintain the existing sales culture predicated on motivation and positive reinforcement while upholding a standard of accountability to self, team and company
- Work with Director of Sales/Business Development and Operations Director to create product offerings that will align with the needs of new affinity groups and increase lead referrals
- Identify new insurance markets that will provide additional or more competitive offerings designed to provide our insured’s business interests
- Participate in the creation of annual commission plans focused on achieving forecasted policy and revenue projections
- Contribute to quarterly and annual forecasting
- Complete other duties as assigned
Here’s what we are looking for:
- 5+ years of Commercial Insurance experience
- Prior experience in insurance sales and/or management required
- A demonstrated passion for delivering incredible customer experience
- Coverage level knowledge of all commercial P&C products, including (but not limited to): EPLI, BOP, Commercial Package, E&O, Cyber/Data Breach, Commercial Auto, Umbrella, Surety Bonds, Workers’ Compensation
- Someone with an active New York State Property & Casualty license and the ability to obtain and maintain all state insurance licenses, including the CE credits needed to renew/maintain their license
- Proactive and proficient at mentoring sales professionals and members from other teams
- Working knowledge of carrier quoting systems and mastery of common computer programs
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- A humble spirit and unquestionable commitment to ethics
- Advanced organizational and interpersonal skills that can be applied to managing complex carrier and partner relationships
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
About AP Intego
AP Intego’s mission is to give small business owners peace of mind so they can pursue their dreams. By making insurance easy to understand, to use and to pay for, AP Intego is combining insurance know how with the latest technology to reimagine the insurance experience for small businesses. Founded in 2006, AP Intego has offices in Waltham, MA, Rochester, NY and Denver, CO. We offer an amazing combination of compensation, benefits and opportunity for outstanding individuals to thrive in a vibrant, entrepreneurial environment. Suits are discouraged!
Equal Opportunity Employer
AP Intego Insurance Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.